Art and Heritage in Central Europe
International Conference “50 years of the UNESCO World Heritage Convention. Achievements and Challenges in Europe” is hosted and organised by International Cultural Centre, ICOMOS Poland and City of Kraków on 8-10 June 2022.
The conference theme – Achievements and Challenges in Europe – aims to help give an account of the successes, assess the current state of heritage protection, reflect on forecasts and tasks for the future. The discussion will be divided into six thematic sessions to address the following issues:
– The achievements and experiences of the World Heritage Convention in Europe.
– The experiences and issues/challenges of European cities and villages inscribed on the World Heritage List.
– The WHL – trends and obstacles. Changes in the implementation of the Convention.
– The potential to apply the experiences gleaned from the WHL system in national heritage protection systems.
– The need for modifications to the WH system arising out of European experiences.
– Cooperation within the Visegrad Group as an example of regional concern for WHL sites.
Please see the programme for more details.
The conference will be held in person at International Cultural Centre in Krakow and online. Virtual and in-person participation is free of charge.
“50 years of the UNESCO World Heritage Convention. Achievements and Challenges in Europe” is an event addressed to heritage researchers, practitioners, students but also to any heritage lovers interested in finding out more about the changes taking place in the field and to anyone who just wants to understand heritage.
Read more: https://unesco50.mck.krakow.pl/
Copyright © Herito 2020